Promoting income opportunities and active citizenship of young people
The program on Promoting income opportunities and active citizenship of young people aims focuses on disadvantaged youngsters in Arab Mediterranean countries. This is envisaged to take place through strengthening of national and local youth policy frameworks, in line with accurate youth-focused data analysis; building greater capacity among national and local governments as well as youth stakeholders to implement and evaluate inclusive youth investments, also in conflict-affected areas; and encouraging knowledge sharing of good practices and inter-regional exchanges among youth stakeholders. Partnerships will develop as the program evolves. This program is led by the World Bank in partnership with AFD, ENPI, DG Education and Culture (EU), FEMISE, and the City of Marseille.
- Seminar "Young People in Arab Countries: Promoting Income Opportunities and Active Citizenship", Marseille, April 28-30, 2010
- More information about the seminar "Young People in Arab Countries: Promoting Income Opportunities and Active Citizenship", Marseille, April 28-30, 2010, Online Registration needed
- Young People in Arab Countries: Promoting Opportunities and Participation Report
- Investing in Youth in the MENA Region: Lessons learned and the way forward, MENA Knowledge and Learning - Quick Notes Series 31, World Bank
- Youth "Bulges" in the Middle East and North Africa:Risk or Asset?, MENA Knowledge and Learning - Fast Brief 74, World Bank
- Article from Al Nahr, newspaper in the Middle East: "Youth in the Arab Mediterranean countries, an opportunity to better exploit", May 3, 2010